Advertising campaigns assume a fundamentally significant role in companies. It helps expand sales, but marketing also allows companies and organizations to understand their rivals better and plan their strategies appropriately. If a company wants to launch a new product in the market, what could be better than a thoroughly effective marketing campaign? Without sufficient advertising, a customer will never comprehend why he should purchase the product under consideration. With advertising being undoubtedly essential for both consumers and companies, there has been an increased effort to provide improved marketing solutions to the companies. With Google leading the world of digital marketing, it has provided expert marketing strategies that are easy to use and offer enhanced results.
However, in the course of recent years, the account structure in Google Ads has gotten progressively complex. The objective was to intently coordinate the client’s needs with effective marketing solutions, regularly prompting successfully compelling campaigns as SKAGs (Single Keyword Ad Groups). As innovation progressed, so did our preferred advertising platform. Machine learning, AI, and several other automation features have been introduced. There is a desperate need for a structure that makes things simpler and significantly increases the effectiveness of the algorithm.
What Is The Hagakure Method?
With this technique deriving its name from the Japanese word Hagakure, meaning spiritual guidance for Samurais, it is safe to say that this relatively new technique has already proven its effectiveness and benefits. This technique proposes to optimize the structure of Google Ads campaigns, so the system can acquire more information per campaign and subsequently apply its AI calculations with greater efficiency. This process results in improved mechanization and optimized results. Google proposes a new approach in the control of Google Ads, bringing this idea to the digital world. The use of the Hagakure approach implies preferring to simplify systems in order to take advantage of any possible automated analysis.
How Does It Work?
While the Hagakure method is relatively new and much cannot be determined with great accuracy about how it works, and what software and AIs it uses, it fundamentally revolves around being more inclusive of keywords, introducing separate campaigns for each product category, introducing direct search advertising campaigns, and most significantly, using the IF-function to allow users to generate tailored advertising campaigns.
1. Single landing page per ad group
All the keywords related to the same URL are grouped in Hagakure to unify and optimize the information. This makes for more straightforward and improved performance for the algorithms. It is essentially similar to the Single Keyword Ad Groups (SKAG) technique. It is only better; it produces augmented results and crosses out the limitation of language that arises due to the SKAG method. Even if keywords remain a target choice, language learning itself can make them ignore other requirements.
Foreign advertisers, for example, rely heavily on subjective perception and use built-in translation services. One single keyword in a foreign or domestic language can fit many matching words. Searchers from various regions or populations may use different words even within the same language for the same item. Hagakure approach addresses this issue by grouping similar keywords for a URL.
2. Ensuring Significant Volume on URLs
This step is accomplished for the same reasons as mentioned above; to optimize the information. The purpose of this Google Ads structure is to allow machine learning from Google to function for us, so all is done to make the algorithms as successful as possible. What defines as “significant volume” is still a matter of question. Despite the fact that each industry, vertical, or Ads account is unique, we’ve been given a few numbers to get us out.
Google appraises that to streamline computerization and AI, a URL (your greeting page) needs to get at any rate 1,000 impressions for each week. It needs to learn and advance for three ads inside the promotion gathering, so in a perfect world, that is around 3,000 impressions for every week, or 12,000 every month.
3. Each Category of Products Gets Its Own Campaign
Emphasis will undoubtedly change from a concentration on keyword searches to a focus on user interests, and priorities as Google and other search sites continue to explore and incorporate new technologies for user response. New algorithms can match the needs of the client with the right bid from the advertiser. They would also need information generated by search queries, but keywords with audience targeting will not be required.
We must switch to a more realistic way to start our marketing campaign in order to make the Hagakure solution effective. Each product/service segment that we promote receives its own promotion. For example, an ad for the headphones, another for the keyboards, and a third for laptops might be produced for an electronic web store. The administration of the campaigns sounds normal and simplifies the description. It feels common while dealing with the missions and keeps the outline basic.
4. Use of Dynamic Search Ads (DSA) to Accommodate Lower Volume Campaigns
Since the Hagakure approach forbids the use of landing pages and URLs that don’t attract adequate visitors to provide actionable intelligence to the algorithms, a void remains where the lower volume campaigns used to be. Dynamic Search Ads are produced in Hagakure to ensure you don’t miss out on these search terms and keywords.
Here, all the usual success factors are still applicable to dynamic search advertising. Again, we want to help machine learning to the highest possible extent. Make sure that sufficient tools are available to build powerful advertising for several lower volume keywords and let Google evaluate various choices, while still meticulously choosing them to avoid bizarre combinations. Provide a relatively simple Call to Action (CTA) as well. While modern technology might seem to be encouraging complexity, remember, the simpler you keep the process, the easier it will be to handle your advertising campaigns.
5. Tailored Campaigns Using the IF-Function
This feature is probably what makes the Hagakure method extremely useful; it uses AI learning integrated with IF-function to create personalized ad campaigns, according to the needs of the clients. The IF-feature is what makes this technique highly progressive.
The IF function allows you to enter a particular message in your text ad when a criterion is fulfilled; and a default preset text when it is not, making the advertising customized to the customers’ needs and more appropriate to prospective clients. This is used in Hagakure to personalize your advertising, depending on your target audience. This means that, based on the target demographic, you first need to set up different audiences. You will then use IF statements to view custom content based on a question from the customer.
Advantages of the Hagakure Method
The critical question still remains: Does this method actually yield better outcomes? Is it worth spending on the Hagakure method? A methodology like SKAG centers around conveying the most applicable ad to the client. The comparatively recent Hagakure method takes the mechanization highlights accessible in Google Ads and makes them work for you. This improves the significance and effectiveness of advertising campaigns, just as your ROAS (return on advertising spend). Obviously, due to this technique’s limited use, there is no substantial evidence as to its effectiveness. More unequivocal statements can only be issued after a wide usage has been studied to reduce any limitations. However, some advantages have been seen, even from finite use. These include the following:
- The results are enhanced, and you get comparable results utilizing even less set-up and optimization time, thus increasing your efficiency. It captures the essence of the advanced automation capabilities of Google. This should generate outcomes that are substantially improved than those of a manual capacity.
- Bidding processes are automated. It only means that you get much more value for your money if you have sufficient information!
- Streamlining the structure of Google Ads accounts makes surveying simpler and takes less time. The account layout is more superficial, making it even easier to check on, monitor, and maximize the campaigns in turn.
- Without disregarding long-tail keywords, Hagakure naturally takes your focus to what’s going on the most exciting landing pages. You have more time to strengthen the approach, further assess the market, and work on critical Key Performance Indicators such as Return on Advertising Spend (ROAS) enhancement or Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) improvement.
How To Set Up The Hagakure Account Structure?
This technique works best for specific objectives such as maximizing conversions, maximizing conversion value, reducing cost per action, and targeting a return on advertising spend (ROAS). We can likewise utilize them in perceivable goals, for example, to maximize clicks. To achieve these objectives through the use of the Hagakure method, it is necessary to understand how Hagakure works and its implications on your website.
- Redesign your website: Since Hagakure works on URLs that generate more than 3000 impressions every week, it might be essential to change the layout and structure of your website, based on decreasing the number of campaigns to be run, enabling them to work under a broader search framework. This will help you achieve the requirement of 3000 impressions, instead of 3000 impressions of each individual URL.
- Adapt new strategies: Establishing each effective bidding campaign’s purpose defines how the machine learning algorithm and the choices it will make will be interpreted. Generally, the Hagakure approach produces very successful outcomes in projects with performance-related targets. You have to take into account the fundamental techniques that can be applied with smart bidding to settle on one form or another. These include the objectives as aforementioned, including maximizing conversions, maximizing conversion value, reducing cost per action, and targeting a return on advertising spend (ROAS).
- Analyze and optimize: After the campaign has been tested, it is essential to analyze whether the campaign gave the desired results or not. And if it failed to produce the required results, how the campaign can be further improved. With Hagakure, advancement is an unpretentious undertaking: the algorithm must be offered time to perceive the progress made and incorporate them into the campaign.
Best Practices For Google Ads
To get the most out of your Google advertising campaigns and ensure they remain effectively relevant yet competitive, you need to realize the significance of fundamental principles. Some of the best practices for Google Ads include:
- Each page should showcase and emphasize the tale of your brand. It should impart the real meaning of your brand, its objectives, and its purpose. It should make a remarkable impression on the customer by telling what impact you are making, and what makes your brand unique. This may be through headers, footers, icons, and logos, or other resources.
- Each page ought to have a particular classification of the client at the top of the priority list. You may need pages for each state or city you operate in, for each kind of item you sell, or every individual segment/psychographic section you want to reach.
- Use the principle of “One size fits none.” There is nothing such as an all-inclusive page if you need to make the best client experience. A lot of data can disturb somebody who recognizes what they need. Too little data may make a first-time guest proceed onward to your rival.
- By their very existence, ad groups encase the keywords on which your ad will appear, what your ad will mean as it displays, and where the user will be taken if they click on it. Along these lines, fundamentally, you are concluding who to publicize to, what to state to get them to respond to your promotion, and how you or your customer will make their last pitch at increasing leads, sales, or communication. By keeping your ads short yet meaningful, you remove the possibility of misunderstanding or mixed messages.
While the Hagakure method is relatively new, it has shown some proven benefits. However, it is more effective for certain niches and industries. Whether it is effective for your company or not, is entirely for you to decide. The undeniable fact, however, is that the Hagakure method will revolutionize the future of advertising, integrating improved Google ads account structure together with AI learning.
At SeaSand Digital, we offer PPC services that are proven to increase your ROI on your Google Ads campaigns. Regardless of your needs, we are here for you.
Subscribe to our newsletter below to stay in the know!